The most attractive function of the home automation Smart Home system is the program scenario ̶ the so-called macro. Macros are program scenarios in which more events are linked into one sequence and they are activated at the push of a button and are completed one by one in accordance with the desired order.
One of the most important functions of the Smart Home system is that it enables us to quickly (at the push of a button) adapt a facility to the current activity, different habits, current mood and specific lifestyle of each tenant or family using the system.
The elements of our system such as panels, modules and sensors enable activating different types of scenarios i.e. macros:
1. “Leaving home” – By pressing a button on the multi-functional panel on the wall, phone, tablet or PC, a sequence of events is activated with the aim of making you feel safe while you are in your home. All the lights are turned off, the blinds are lowered, electronic devices are turned off, an alarm is activated while the heating is adjusted to working in the daytime regime with a previously defined temperature trajectory,
2. “Coming home” – The alarm is deactivated, the heating is activated in order to reach the desired temperature, the boiler and other devices that have been turned off are activated, the greeting light is activated, the blinds are raised and your favorite song is played,
3. “Home cinema” – All the main lights in the room are turned off, the light near the TV is dimmed, the projector comes down and you are ready to watch a movie in the living room,
4. “Dinner” – In the living room, the lights and TV are turned off, the light in the dining room is dimmed to 60% and soft music is played in the background,
5. “The simulation of presence” - The aim of this scenario is to simulate your presence in the home while you are not there so as to prevent a potential break-in. The blinds are lowered according to a pre-defined time and the TV and lighting are turned on and off in some parts of the residential space.
We achieve this by pre-programing the macros based on consultations with the user, and the initial settings can later be easily adjusted and changed in accordance with your needs. This adjusting function, along with the functions of security and saving energy, lies at the foundation of the Smart Home concept and system and gives it essence.
In practice, the most common and regular program scenarios are for coming or leaving home, watching movies in the home cinema, romantic dinner, getting up in the morning and going to bed at night, while other macros are specific and completely different for each user.